Ben does miss a few of the boys from daycare but he gets to see them at school. Every now and then he still gets to go to day care if they have a late start at school and I have to go to work. He loves coming home from school each day with one of us. He can do any homework that he has and then get to play until mom or dad gets home from work. I promised him that when I started working in Boone that on Wednesday's when they get out of school at 1 that he could start having friends come over to play. He is looking forward to that and gets to have his first friend over this week. This is one thing that we couldn't do before since we didn't get home until late.
Sunday, January 25, 2009
Transition to Fareway
Well, it's been three weeks now that I have not had to commute to Des Moines. I am loving that. I miss the friends that I made down there but wouldn't trade this for the world. It is an adjustment to go from sitting at a desk all day to standing everyday. I find that I am not munching on snacks all day. Not really any opportunities to do that. You don't have a desk drawer that you can keep snacks in. I think that has really helped me. I have lost about 5 pounds since leaving Principal without even trying. Hopefully that trend will keep going.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm so glad you're liking it. Working at Principal was really hard on me, too... even with using the Wellness Center there on my lunch hours, that's where and when I gained all my weight. Pretty cool that it's working out so well for you. Enjoy.
Post a Comment