Saturday, February 28, Ben turned 7. What a great accomplishment, I can still remember the day he was born. I won't go into that long drawn out ordeal. I don't really like reliving that.
Ben had been so excited all week as a few of his friends were coming over along with some family and one special friend was staying over night. He was bombarded with Lego presents which I have gotten some of them put together. I'll get a picture of all of them posted once they are done. They aren't small projects. Each one has over 250 pieces, combined with a child's excitement makes it somewhat of a challenge sometimes.
After everyone left Reece and Ben were playing his new Wii game, Lego Batman, see a theme here? Lego everything these days. They decided they wanted to play this all night. By 8:30 they were in their pj's, teeth brushed and watching a little TV before putting together his Bionicle that Reece got him. I was starting to get them rounded up for bed when Reece decided that he didn't want to stay and wanted to go home. First time sleepovers can be so nerve wracking for some. So, much to Ben's disappoint we called his folks and his dad came and picked him up at 10. This has made me realize how nice hit has been for Ben to stay away from us for weekends since he was a baby. He is so used to it that it never phases him to be away from us for a night or two. I can't imagine that when he goes for his first sleepover that we will have this problem.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Meant to comment on Facebook. Sorry about it not working out with Ben's friend to stay all night. That must have been a huge bummer for Ben. Sounds like he got lots of good LEGO toys, though.
Post a Comment