Thursday, October 9, 2008

Ben's feelings

I didn't realize until this past Saturday how much Ben has listened to conversations between Chad and myself. Ben and I were eating breakfast and Chad was updating me on Gpa Ben. The next thing I know Ben has his hands covering his face and tears coming down. I asked him what was wrong and he just said that he was really worried about Gpa Ben. I assured him that Gpa was getting better and that the doctors are doing everything they can to help him get better. We shared some tears together on that one.

We gave Ben an update a few days later when we got one from Judy and he was much happier after that.

I just got a text from Chad that said we were going to meet Dave and Judy for supper Friday night and Ben is so excited. His eyes lit up more than I have seen in quite some time. We haven't seen Gma and Gpa since they left in August. This is a long awaited reunion for all of us.

3 comments:

Lani said...

What a sweetheart. And nice to think of you all being reunited again. I was worried about Ben's Grandpa, too. I'm glad things are looking a little more positive! Enjoy your time with Grandpa & Grandma tomorrow night, Ben!

Melissa said...

How sweet! It's amazing what they do understand! Keitan told a neighbor lady that g'pa's heart is sick the other day. He's listening more than we know! Have a great time tonight! :)

Jill said...

It was great to see them. I don't think that Ben ever left Grandma's side at all tonight. It was so great.