Some of you may have read a comment posted by me in Melissa's blog and wonder what I am talking about. Well, come January, I will be leaving my job at Principal Financial Group after 11 years and become a full time employee at Fareway. There are some mixed emotions that come with this but mostly excitement. I find it hard to imagine what it will be like to not drive to Des Moines to work each day and sit at a desk all day long. I have enjoyed the work that I do but being back at Fareway a couple days a week right now has made me realize how much I miss the interactions with customers that you see on a daily or weekly basis. Some you don't care for but most you get to know rather well and it makes your day when they come through and chat for a few minutes.
I am excited to know that I will be able to spend more time at home with Ben and that he will not have to go to daycare before and after school. Though, he will have to go during the summer unless Gma and Gpa decide that they would like to watch him again (crossing my fingers). =) That is an option but not one that has to become reality. Ben really enjoys playing with the friends that he has made at daycare. We'll just have to cross that bridge when it gets here.
Chad is going to be able to work from home a couple days a week and my schedule will allow me to have shorter work days on those days that he will be in DM. He has already told me that when the weather is bad that he won't feel obliged to go in since I won't be with him. He has team mates that live in DM that don't even go in so it doesn't make sense for him to take chances in bad weather.
I'll update more once we transition to me being in Boone every day and Ben adjusting to not seeing his friends at daycare. All for now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Oh wow... sounds like you've got a lot happening over there. I hear ya, though. The commute back and forth to D.M. gets long and old in a very short period of time. Especially in the winter. I hope this works out to be the best decision you ever made. Hugs.
Well, I wonder if that grampa and gramma of yours will take that sweet little boy in during the summer.... :)
Sounds exciting! I'm smiling right now thinking of how nice it will be to drop that commute! :) I can't wait to hear how you like your new arrangement!!!!
@Lani - Thanks for the thoughts. It's a little scary to think about changing jobs after so long.
@Judy - I sure am hoping but you don't have to. Plus that's a lot of driving back and forth.
@Melissa - I can't wait until I don't have that commute any longer. Though Chad will still have to commute 3 days a week.
Post a Comment